Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why the violence?

So I have to sit back and think on things today. Just 2 days following the historic vote on Health Care Reform and I have to say I am deeply disappointed in what this country is becoming. I have a hard time believing some of what I am hearing, what I am seeing and really what I am believing.
For starters, I thought that our country was headed in the right direction in terms of racism. But I am not so sure anymore. To yell racial slurs at our congressmen made my jaw drop, but really was not something that I could not have expected.
To target a congressman because of his sexual orientation, again, made my jaw drop but again I could have expected it.
To call another a Baby Killer, this one I could not believe came out of the mouth of an adult to be completely honest.
But there are 2 things that happened that makes me seriously question what this country is becoming. Spitting on another adult, and resorting to breaking windows of offices of the democratic party. Neither of these are even remotely acceptable no matter what the subject is.
I don't care what your party affiliation, I don't care what your sexual orientation is, I don't care what you believe, these things are not acceptable from anyone, especially someone that considers themselves an adult.
I am very saddened as of late from what I am seeing, what I am hearing and what I am feeling. I hope that everyone can find a way to come together, because right now we are a very weak country because no divided country can be a strong one.

No comments:

Post a Comment