Friday, February 26, 2010

The wrong side of the bed

So waking up on the wrong side of the bed does not work so well at this house. You are not allowed to be crabby, need extra time to wake up and get going for the day, let me explain!!

Today I was not in the mood to get out of bed. I wanted to sleep, I wanted rest and most of all I wanted that quiet peaceful place that I can only find when my eyes are closed and I am laying in my bed. Well that wasn't an option so I started my day to kids that were oh so noisy, and playful and full of energy, something I certainly did not have.
From there it was time to go out and milk Bessie. Milking was not real high on my list of things I WANTED to do because, well, I am tired of the cold. Plus she didn't get milked yesterday which means she is always an ubber mess and that is something I was not in the mind to deal with. But out we went!

Once I arrived out there and saw how bad the udder really looked it just reaffirmed that I was not in the mind frame for this, but it had to be done.
After cleaning her up and getting her ready to milk, things went fairly well aside from fighting the milker to do all 4 quarters at once, something that seems to be our biggest fight of all.

After that I walked back into my house and had a better idea of why I woke on the wrong size of the bed.
This is what my living room looked like:
Photobucket
Now they say you can clean your house when the kids are grown and all that jazz, but I have to say its much more peaceful when things are all least picked up. And that was what we did today.

So the next time you think that your house is a mess just come back here and be reminded that, its not really that bad.

The day proceeded pretty well, until the evening that is, when there was an added youngster and 3 of the 4 were in foul moods and having a hard time getting along. But at the end of the day, we all survived and tomorrow will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment