Thursday, August 19, 2010

1st Day of Kindergarten

How is it possible? It seems like just yesterday my little girl came into this world and brought so much joy to our lives. Then it was oh so recent that she started off to preschool and was gone for a few hours a day a couple days a week.

But now, today she went off to school for the first time. She walked right out to that big ole school bus and climbed on and sat down. She never looked back. Mom and Dad cried their eyes out and were beside themselves all day. I found myself looking at the clock over and over to see what time it was and if it was time for her to come home yet. You had better believe how happy I was when I saw that school bus coming down the road and my baby girl climbing back off.



When I asked how her day was she told me "good" I asked what she did and she said "we didn't do too much today because we were not there all day, but we got to play on the playground twice" Upon more drilling she said that was her fave thing of the day but that she LOVED when they went to the library and they read to her. She is my little book worm that is for sure.

So it has been a year of firsts for her, going to stay for a WHOLE weekend (3.5 days actually) with her Aunt and Uncle and starting school. Mom was so not ready for any of it and wishes she could keep her home all the time. But they all have to grow up and we are so incredibly proud of her and how confident she is. It really is what we had hoped for all along and we couldn't ask for anything else.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when my two headed off to their first days of kindergarten. There were lots of tears - mine, not theirs.

    ReplyDelete