Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pizza Night

Its pizza night here at our house. We go through spurts where we have it a lot and other times when we just don't have it often. But it sure sounded good tonight and the kids are super excited to have it!

I make my crust from scratch, This is the recipe I use tho there are many out there.
Makes 2 12 inch pizzas (or I can get 2 14 inch ones since we like it thin)
3.5 cups all purpose flour
1T Sugar
1T instant rise yeast (you can also use 1 pkt)
1t salt
1 cup HOT water
1.5 Tablespoons EVOO
I use the kitchenaid mixer to make mine!
In a large bowl combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
You can heat your oil and water to 100-110 degrees or just use straight HOT water from the tap and add your oil on top of that. Always works out perfect for me.
Stir into flour slowly, mix well.
Stir in remaining flour, just enough to make a stiff dough.
Knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 mins by hand about 5 in your mixer.
Preheat oven to 450
Let dough rest in a oiled bowl about 10 minutes under a towel.
From here add your favorite pizza sauce (we love chef boy r dee) and your fave toppings. We do ours a lot with hamburger or hamburger and onion because we are simple like that. Makes for a very yummy meal that is not real pricey either.

Tonight I added leftover fajita veggies to the adult pizza. The kids want theirs to ONLY HAVE hamburger on theirs, they want it simple unless I am making taco which was not in the works tonight.



It was super yummy and the kids even surprised me and tried the one with peppers on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment