Thursday, April 8, 2010

How do you use it up?

For Easter we served a turkey for lunch. It was very good but as I am sure you know there is always lots of leftovers when you have a turkey. A goal of mine is to use as much as possible and waste as little as possible. So with the turkey so far we have boiled the carcus and made broth that is going to be made into noodles. We had turkey sandwiches and left over sides and I made Chicken Salad with some of the meat.
Now have you ever tried to find a recipe for Chicken Salad? I have been searching for one that we like the way it tastes for nearly 10 years and have yet to find one, so I just started putting things together and figured it out on my own. So I thought I would share that with you in hopes that it saves someone 10 years of their life.

Chicken Salad:
3-4 cups chicken or turkey chopped or cubbed
1.5 cups Mayo
1 cup Miracle whip
2 to 3 T mustard
2-4 T ranch dressing
1/8 cup chopped onion
1/8 cup chopped celery
1/4 t celery seed
1/4 t pepper
1/4 t salt
1/2 t garlic powder

Mix well, chill and serve on your favorite bread.

This was very easy to make and tastes just wonderful!!!

So how do you use up your leftovers??

1 comment:

  1. You know what is yum-o in chicken salad...cherries!! I'm drooling thinking about it! :)

    ReplyDelete