Friday, April 16, 2010

Whats for dinner

As a mom to 3 kiddos it is very important to me to not only feed my kids in a healthy manner but also in a way that is rather frugal. So I am always looking for things that can stretch. And if it can be a fix it and forget it type recipe that is even better!
Today I am talking about chicken and it fits into all of the above catagories.

Crockpot Salsa Sour Cream Chicken

4 chicken breasts
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 jar salsa
1/4 cup sour cream

Place chicken in crockpot
sprinkle taco seasoning over top
Add salsa
Cook 4-6 hours til done

Remove chicken, add sour cream and heat up.

I then shred the chicken and add it back in.

My favorite way to serve this is in tortillas with cheese served with spanish rice and refried beans. However it is very good to have it as a meat served with rice or potatoes as well.

Enjoys

No comments:

Post a Comment