Sunday, April 18, 2010

Things I love

After a very long, very cold winter, the signs of spring come with wide open welcome arms. Every day it seems that we walk around the yard only to discover that something else is emerging from the ground, a new tree is getting leaves or a new flower is starting to bloom.
Two things really caught my eye and made me smile. The first was the dandelions. While I know that they are technically a weed they are still very pretty. Bright yellow flowers that emerge so early in the year. There is something about that cheery yellow that you can't help but smile the first time you see it each year.
Photobucket

The next is the strawberries starting to bloom. I found the first blooms of the year while walking around. This is something that made me especially excited being it means that soon there will be fruit on the plants that are so wonderful to eat in so many ways, from fresh off the vine to jam to pies. There is nothing better than a freshly picked strawberry!
Photobucket
So what are your favorite things about spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment