Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lessons

The lessons learned in childhood I believe form who we will be as an adult. This is something I am a firm believer in, so the things I am trying to teach my children are very near and dear to my heart.
The lessons are really quite simple. The one that has been hardest to teach my children is that no matter what happens in life your siblings will always be there for you. They are the most important people in your world. Now I know that this is not always easy for a 3 or 5 year old to understand so every day I tell them this again and again.
And the other that I am working hard to teach them lately is that if you work hard for things you will be rewarded. The farm is something that will keep each and every person in a family quite busy. There is always something that needs to be done and no one person can do it all. While they kids I think can understand this, they don't always agree that they should be expected to help with the things needing done.
So on good days that we are able to get a lot done, and the kids either help with the things needing done or with keeping each other happy, those are the days that we do something fun. Last night we went to the Ice Cream shop. They have the best homemade Ice Cream ever and really have good prices as well. The kids had a great time, tho the temp dropped a lot and it was rather chilly to sit outside and eat it. It just made it so that it didn't melt as fast right.
I hope that these lessons will stick with them through time along with many others that I have taught them along the ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment